We are Tom Keffer and Lee Christie. This website is about our projects, travels, and thoughts.
- 3/6/15. Writeup on machining up a new holder for the Rudder Reference Unit on the autopilot.
- 6/2/14. Writeup on installing new anchor windlass foot switches.
- 5/2/13. Writeup of building and installing a new control panel for Velocity.
- 7/29/11. Writeup of rebedding the chain plates on Velocity.
- 7/15/10. Description of some plugs for Velocity's hawse pipes.
- 2/16/10. Wrote up my one month long trip to Indonesia for Mercy Corps in January-February 2010.
- 11/1/09. Moved information about weewx, the weather software system written in Python that I wrote, to its own website http://www.weewx.com. (Local weather conditions will continue to be hosted here. See WX Station.)
- 6/20/09. Description of adding a locking latch to the lazarette.
- 6/12/09. Added a description of new anchor chocks for Velocity.
- 5/14/09. Shut off the old weather software 'wview', and started using 'weewx', the new Python-based software that I wrote over the winter.
- 4/12/09. Added a page about The Environmental Impact of Gifts-In-Kind from a track I led for Mercy Crops at a Gifts-In-Kind conference.
- 9/7/08. Added a description of cutting a new access plate for the starboard fuel tank on Velocity.
- 4/1/08. Added a narrative about a Phoenix Fund trip to India and Nepal, 2008.
- 3/27/08. Added a slide show about a visit to the Manokamana Handmade Paper Factory in Upper Lingten, India (near Darjeeling, India).
- 1/18/07. Added pictures (and some captions) from my trip to Mongolia in August, 2006.
- 10/15/07. Added weather info from our weather station.
- 4/9/07. Added a budding Project Page. Not much there now, but I hope to add to it.
- 4/9/07. Brought the site up to XHTML 1.0 transitional standards. Lot of fiddling around, but nothing too taxing.
- 3/26/07. Added a narrative on my trip to Palestine with Mercy Corps, in the Spring of 2006.
- 3/24/07. Finally, after a year and a half of procrastination, I've added the logs for Cats Paw's trip to the Queen Charlotte Islands.
- 3/24/07. Total revamp of the website. Changed from Microsoft FrontPage to Expression Web. I liked the simplicity of FrontPage but, man, was it full of bugs! You learn where they are after a while and just don't go there, so I guess I learned to like it. Expression Web is way more powerful, but it doesn't hold your hand as much. It's kind of like the difference between buying a prefab home and building one from scratch, albeit with very powerful tools. One nice thing is that Expression Web seems to be very robust with only a handful of innocuous bugs. I think I'll learn to like it.